BAGPOINT PRIVACY STATEMENT
Purposes of processing
Bagpoint processes your personal data with the following objectives: The use of the Bagpoint Website/Web Application and Services aimed at collecting and checking in your Hold Luggage on the agreed day, time and location.
Legal basis for processing
Bagpoint processes your personal data on the basis of the following legal basis:
- Consent of the data subject. As a data subject, you have the right to withdraw the consent you have given for the processing at any time.
- The processing of personal data is necessary for the performance of an agreement.
Provision of personal data by the data subject
The data subject is/is not obliged to provide certain personal data to Bagpoint. If the data subject does not provide his or her personal data to Bagpoint, Bagpoint reserves the right to cancel the settlement unilaterally.
Categories and source (s) of personal data
Bagpoint has obtained the first name, last name, address, zip code and booking data from the following source (s): Bagpoint Website/Web application and/or landing pages of Bagpoint Partners. These are not public sources.
Recipients of personal data
Bagpoint provides your personal data to our Bagpoint Franchisees (and/or their logistic partners) who are involved in the execution of the Bagpoint service.
Retention period of personal data
Bagpoint uses the following criteria to determine the period for which your personal data will be stored: If an account has been created, the personal data and booking data will be retained 6 months after the last pick-up date upon terminating the account after which the booking data will be anonymized and the personal data securely deleted. If no account has been created, the personal data and booking data will be retained 6 months after the last pick-up date after which the booking data will be anonymized and the personal data securely deleted.
Rights of data subjects
You have the right to submit a request to us to inspect, correct and/or delete the personal data that we process about you. In addition, you have the right to request us to restrict the processing of your personal data and to object to the processing of your personal data. As a data subject, you also have the right to request Bagpoint to receive the personal data that you have provided to Bagpoint yourself in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable form, so that you can provide this personal data to another controller if desired.
For questions about this privacy statement and the processing that Bagpoint does, please contact us using the details below. You can submit a request for inspection, correction and/or removal, or limitation and objection in writing, via email / by logging in. You can make a request for data portability by submitting it in writing via email. We may ask you for identification with these requests.
If you have a complaint about the processing of your personal data by Bagpoint, please contact Bagpoint via the above contact details to submit your complaint. As a data subject, you also have the right to file a complaint with the supervisory authority.
Bagpoint recognizes the importance of information security and the protection of your privacy. This document also contains our implementation of the General Data Processing Regulation (GDPR). We make sure that your data is safe.
Processing of personal data
Bagpoint processes several types of personal data. We need this information for your account to function.
We process the following data:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, email address, username or similar identifier.
- Travel Itinerary Data includes pick up (or delivery) address, pick up (or delivery) time, flight number, time, departure and destination airport.
- Boarding Pass Data includes PNR number (passenger name record), QR code data, and copy of boarding pass.
- Passport Data includes complete first and last name, nationality, expiry date, passport number, MRZ (machine readable zone), and a copy of the passport page.
- Luggage Data includes photographs, IATA license plate numbers and the weight of the baggage that we handle on your behalf.
- Contact Data includes billing address, email address and telephone numbers
- Transaction Data includes details of services you have purchased from us.
- Financial Data includes the last 4 digits, expiry date, type and postal code of credit/debit card used to purchase the service and transaction history, including successful and unsuccessful payments (including the amount of each payment) made to Bagpoint.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website or our app(s).
- Profile Data includes purchases or requests made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, app(s) and services.
- Marketing Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your engagement with our marketing activities.
- Communications Data includes your communication preferences and email, voicemail and telephone records to customer support.
The Bagpoint Website/Web Application does not intend to collect information from visitors under the age of 16 unless there is permission from their parent / legal guardian. However, we cannot fully verify whether a visitor is over 16 years old. We encourage parents to be involved in their children’s online activities to prevent the unauthorized collection of information from children. If you are confident that we have collected personal information from a minor without consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will delete the information.
Use and management of personal data
Your data is stored on our secure servers. In your Bagpoint account, you can see what data has been saved and you can change it if you wish.
Sharing of Personal Information
We will not share your personal information with other companies or institutions unless we are legally required to do so (for example, in the event of a suspected crime) or if it is necessary to perform our services. A Data Processing Agreement (DPA) is in place with all companies that process your data on our behalf. This is to guarantee the same level of protection and confidentiality of your data.
Right of access, to correct and erase your personal data
You have the right to access your personal data, as well as the right to correct or erase it. You can submit your request for this to email@example.com. You also have the right to receive an explanation as to why we process your personal data and for what purpose. You can also withdraw your consent or object to a specific purpose of use. To ensure that the request for access has been made by you, we ask you to enclose proof of identity (note, please protect your BSN). This is to protect your privacy. Bagpoint will respond to your request as soon as possible, with a maximum of 4 weeks.
Bagpoint’s policy regarding data breaches is unambiguous. In the event of a data breach, no matter how small the doubt, every Bagpoint employee must report the breach to his / her direct manager. The management will then (externally) investigate the matter and take the necessary steps. In the event that an employee does not report this within two hours of discovering a data breach, management can take proportionate action against the employee.
For Bagpoint, protecting your data is of the utmost importance. We take appropriate measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorized access, unwanted publication and/or unauthorized changes to your data. Please contact us if you think your data is not sufficiently protected or if there are indications of misuse.
Our general terms and conditions and processor agreement contain the exact regulations with regard to the GDPR. You can request a copy of this by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No rights can be derived from the above summary of our policy. This policy is subject to change from time to time with